Our goal at Breathe Spa & Soak is to provide a unique spa experience that is designed to restore and nourish each woman’s bio-nutritive balance far beyond the treatment room. Understanding the importance of maintaining your skin’s health between your spa treatments is vital. That’s why we would love to share our Himalayan Body Scrub Recipe with you!!
Winter time can be tough on our skin, and with the warmer weather just around the corner, sloughing off dead skin cells to reveal silky smooth skin is essential.
At Breathe Spa & Soak we love our Himalayan Body Scrub recipe that we use in our professional treatments, a mixture of the purest, finely ground Himalayan Salt Crystals mixed with a Marine Body Oil and the perfect amount of an Anti-Stress Essential Oil blend.
What You Will Need:
- ½ cup of Finely Ground Himalayan Salt (Highly detoxifying and re-mineralizing)
- 6 Tbs. of Marine Body Oil (Emollient, elasticizing and reparative)
- 2-3 Drops of Anti-Stress Essential Oils (Calming and Relaxing)
- Small Wooden or Rubber Bowl with wooden Spoon.
Place Himalayan Salt in Bowl and add Marine Oil and Essential Oils. Mix with a wooden spoon. Scoop into hands and begin to work over skin.
Note: Please be careful not to slip if applying the scrub while standing in a shower.
Recommendation for use:
1. Apply to warm, wet skin in a circular upward motion, focusing on rough dry areas. Feel the salts melt into your skin. Rinse and pat dry with a towel (Do not rub dry). This treatment releases congestion in the tissue and intensely stores moisture, revealing soft glowing skin.
2. For a deep peel, apply body scrub mixture to skin as recommended above. Then, lie down on, and wrap yourself with, large warm towels. Cover yourself with a blanket to keep your body warm. Let your body absorb the mixture for at least a half hour. You will star to feel a slight warming affect to your body. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel. (Do not rub dry).
This has an intense detoxifying effect to the body, similar to a three day fast!